Did you mean: 
NickBallard
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Unable to update purchased HP 12C App

HP Recommended

I purchased version 1.0 of the iOS HP-12C calculator fron the Apple App Store many years ago, and although version 2.0 was released quite a while ago, it was never automatically updated. I use the app very very often -- but remaining with version 1.0 was not a problem because it worked flawlessly. Now, however, iOS-11 has been released and requires 64-bit apps, and my HP-12C is 32-bit -- I cannot update from iOS-10 to iOS11 because my HP-12C app is incompatible. How do I update my HP-12C app to make it compatible with Apple's iOS-11?

1 REPLY 1
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Basically, there was a problem way, way back with the original version where Apple allowed something to be done in submitting the original v1.0 of the application and then later prevented any app that had done so to be able to update further. Thus there was a "split" and the new version of the 12C was created.

You have only two choices unfortunately.

1. Send me a message through this forum and provide your email. I will forward to the person who manages the apps and they may be able to help in some way (provide a "free code", etc). That may not be instant since people always introduce delay. 🙂

2. Buy it again. Unfortunately, because this was an issue caused by Apple and they refused to ever resolve it.... there isn't much we can do directly to fix the problem.

Note that the IOS11 version HAS been released on our end, but is still waiting in Apple's system for them to approve it. I'm not sure when it might be released on their side.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation