Level 2
21 11 1 4
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Update HP Prime Calculator Software

HP Recommended
HP Prime Graphing Calculator

How do I update my HP Prime Graphing Calculator software or determine if I have the latest version?  My current software version is 2015 4 27 (782); Hardware version: C; CAS Version: 1.1.2-11; Operating System: V0.037.529

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Nick1941 :

You needed for actualize your versión of software, delete in your notebook or Desktop, the old versions of ...

a) Connectivity Kit.

b) Firmware.

c) Virtual Emulator.

Then, reinitialize the notebook or Dektop and copy the ultimate version, from ...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime

Note :

If your HP PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR have Product Number … NW280AA#ABA, you needed download and install ...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20181016.zip

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_20181016.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_2018_10_16.exe

After from Connectivity Kit active, connect the calculator with the connector cable USB-microUSB and actualize the version.

Connectivity kit.PNG

From Help, find … Update calculator and press the bar.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Nick1941
Author
Level 2
21 11 1 4
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think you misunderstood me.  I'm not talking about updating HP Prime software on a computer, but on the calculator itself.  How do I upload a new version of software to the HP Prime calculator?

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Nick1941 :

1) You must do it from the Connectivity Kit in its latest version.
2) You have to have in the Notebook or Desktop, the latest version to update in the calculator. The previous versions you must delete them.
3) The files that should be are the Firmware, Connectivity Kit and the Virtual Emulator.
4) Open the Connectivity Kit. Connect with the USB-microUSB cable to the calculator. Once you recognize it, look for the Help tab and press Update Calculator.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
Nick1941
Author
Level 2
21 11 1 4
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make,

I finally got around to installing the Connectivity Kit and was able to update the Calculator version.  Unfortunately, the Backup option did not work and I lost all my Apps, Notes, Programs, and User Variables.  Fortunately, I had them saved in another HP Prime Calculator.  However, when I tried to Clone the other calculator to the one with the updated software, it did not copy all the apps, user variables, etc.  So it looks like I will have to re-enter that data by hand looking at one calculator and copying the changes to the other calculator.  Do you know why Clone (under the Mem menu) doesn't work?

Thanks,

Nick1941

garyking
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop does not recognise the HP Prime Calculator. i have downloaded the HP Connectivity Kit but i am clueless as to how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Garyking :

If you have installed in your notebook or Desktop computer, Windows 10-64bits, you needed download and install from ...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime ...

1) Firmware ... HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20181016.zip

2) Connectivity Kit ... HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_20181016.exe

3) Virtual Calculator ... HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_2018_10_16.exe

Then, connect your physical HP PRIME CALCULATOR with connector USB-MicroUSB cable for charging, in one USB2 port orf your computer. See for problems with port USB ... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04674521

Open the HP Prime Connectivity Kit and see if recognize in the left column, in USB (1) or All (1) your calculator

Calculator.PNG

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation