Did you mean: 
IsaiahWG-01_
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Update problems

HP Recommended

When I updated my prime today, I’ve found that the symbol pi changed on certain equations. Before I could simplify some answers and they would show the pi symbol but now it doesn’t work.

for example I’ve been trying to simplify 3.5(5pi/3) but it only simplifies to a decimal. I haven’t had this issue on other problems except this one. The answer should be 35pi/6 which I was getting before the update 

3 REPLIES 3
Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unfortunately, the new firmware doesn't support QPI function in Textbook/Algebraic Entry mode despite pressing Abc.PNG key. Unless, you issue QPI(Ans) command.

QPIA.png

RPN set.png

It is supported in RPN Entry mode with Abc.PNG key press after the answer.

One of key combination is 5 enterK.PNG Shiftk.PNGPiK.PNG MulK.PNG 3 DivK.PNG 3.5 MulK.PNG Abc.PNG

Or 5 Spacek.PNG Shiftk.PNGPiK.PNGMulK.PNG 3 DivK.PNG 3.5 MulK.PNG Abc.PNG.

RPNAns.png

Hope this helps

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
IsaiahWG-01_
Author
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How did you do the QPI command if you don’t mind me asking. The new update seems to have too many steps to simplify the answer on rpn.

Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To type in QPI Command press ALPHA Key Twice then Q P I by pressing the respective orange lettering of keys then ALPHA Key once again (to exit Alpha typing mode). Press ( ) key then press Shift Ans Keys (+ Key).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation