CodyP24
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

Using the geometry app.

HP Recommended
Hp Prime

I am trying to create a certain tangent diameter between two circles. Also wanting to know how to create lines at a angle. Been using casio fg-500 geometry app for alot of this but I want to get back into my HP prime.

ThanksExample-1.jpg

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if you tried to post an image, but I'm not seeing anything useful. Could you please post an example of what you are trying to accomplish so we can help you better?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
CodyP24
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

modif-04.gif

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is not a command to do this in one step.  I'm not familiar with any geometry package that has it. It is very common in CAD type systems of course, but not in construction based geometry ones that I've seen. Am I misunderstanding you here?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
CodyP24
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How would you do it on the HP prime? Drawing two line segments then using a incircle? Then how you determine the size of your circle in Hp prime? If you could do it in HP prime for me that would be great and maybe explain to me how to come to that answer that would be awesome.

0 Kudos
Jan_D
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this what you want to do?

2018-02-15 17.32.49.jpg

I can move the center of the circle and the numerical value of its radius is shown at the left top of the screen.

It is also possible to plot only a part of the circle.

0 Kudos
CodyP24
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Something like that put at a 90 degree angle. I also am curious how I can create segment line at a certain angle?

0 Kudos
Jan_D
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

An angle of 90 degrees is no problem.

As far as the segment line at a certain angle is concerned:

First you have to construct the angle.

The easiest way is by creating an isosceles triangle.

You can do this with Cmds-Polygon-2Triangle (second in the list).

An isosceles triangle is a triangle with 2 equal sides.

In Symbolic view select the command and see its Help by pressing the Help key.

First I create 2 points A and B and I consider the segment AB as being my first segment.

I want to create a second segment through A  at an angle of  30 degrees with AB.

Set your Home settings to degrees.

In Plot view select our command 2Triangle. 

Select point A and press Enter.

Select second point B and press Enter.

Enter for the angle: 30. Press OK

Now we are ready but we must not forget to press Esc because when we do not the command will go on creating triangles forever.

We now see our triangle with an angle of 30 degrees at A.

If you want you can also create the third vertex of the triangle, which is well shown but not created.

You can do this by changing the command in the Symbolic view into:

isosceles_triangle(GA,GB,30,k)

k is just a name for a variable and we could also have chosen another name (see the Help)

We now can create the third vertex simply by entering in Symbolic view: k

2018-02-15 23.08.47.jpg

0 Kudos
CodyP24
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks that works out great, now I when I go measure the angle it will be radians I switch it over to angle and it doesn't even read the right angle. So I created a 90 degree triangle and it reads as 56 degrees. Not sure what that is all about.

0 Kudos
CodyP24
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I change it to degree modes go into a measure it will measure the angle, but if you remeasure the angle it will measure it in radians so I have to exit the app and re-enter the app before it will show the angle again. Not sure why it changes back and forth like this.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation