Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lovstrom
Level 2
19 15 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

Virtual Prime calculator rev.11226; how to connect to physical calculator ?

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have been updated my physical Prime to version 2016 08 29 (10637) and the Virtual calculator to 2016 12 8. Rev.11226.

From the virtual calculator I could not see any physical calculator to connect to, as described in the Emulator Help, date 2015-06-17.
Of course, I have my physical Prime connected to an USB-port directly to a port on my docking station for my HP-laptop.
It is possible to communicate with the physical Prime via the connectivity kit ( build:2016 12 8. Rev.11226 )

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @lovstrom:

You only can communicate if connect your physical calculator with Connectivity kit and emulator of your HP laptop, if have same version.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
lovstrom
Author
Level 2
19 15 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank´s for the information Maké !

So, just to be sure, the latest version of the virtual calculator and Connectivity kit, (2016 12 08 ),
 will not be compatible with the lastest version of the Prime firmware (20160829 ) I found on the;
 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/    ?

Then I will use the versions from 20160829 for the Connectivity kit and Virtual Prime.

If so, excuse a curious qustion, for what version of physical Prime firmware is the latest Connectivity kit made for ?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @lovstrom:

If you have the previous Firmware version, you can actualize with the new Connectivity Kit and Emulator of 2016-12-08 version.

Previously, you needed delete (register included), the previous versions (Connectivity Kit and Emulator), in your computer.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
lovstrom
Author
Level 2
19 15 0 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, let´s see if I got it right.

1.  I can use the Connectivity kit and Emulator of the 2016-12-08 version,

together with a physical Prime with firmware version 20160829 ?

2.   I must however uninstall the Connectivity kit and Emulator in my computer before a re-installation.

If the necessary registers not will be delete by simply using the uninstall function in the Windows Control Panel/Programs and features; Please advise exactly which parts of the Register should be altered.

Thank´s for your help !

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, lovstrom:

In your physical HP PRIME, you can actualize firmware, with the Connectivity kit, with ultimate version, installed in your PC. 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
lovstrom
Author
Level 2
19 15 0 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, following your advise I have uninstalled and then re-installed the Connectivity-kit, and Virtual-calculator, with the versions 20161208 on my computer.

But the result is the same as mentioned earlier: In the Virtual-calculator, there is no " Connect To " under the Calculator menu,  see enclosed picture, 

( Of course, my physical Prime is connected to my computer during this event, and seen when running the Connectivity-kit. However the Connectivity-kit is not running in the same time as the Virtual-calculator )
No_Connect_To_in_Virtual-calc.jpg

As I remember from earlier versions of the Virtual-calculator, and as described on page 10 in the Help " HP Prime Virtual Calculator" , there was a "Connect To" alternative under the Calculator menu. 

Quote from page 10 in the manual " HP Prime Virtual Calculator ( found under Help in the Virtual-calculator) :

" Then, launch the HP Prime Virtual Calculator. In the virtual calculator menu bar, click
Calculator, click Connect To, and then select the name of your physical calculator."

Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

The documentation is simply out of date here. If you have a USB calculator connected to the computer ***and the connectivity kit is not running***, your calculator is now automatically connected to the emulator.

Before, it was actually also "connected", but we thought it would be more confusing having a "SEND" go to multiple devices. We've since changed it and it now will just go to every device.

The key is that you can't use a connectivity kit at the same time as an emulator. The connectivity kit will stop the communication from the emulator, and the emulator will connect as a "device" to the connkit so all communication will go there.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Doesn't work here! 

Maybe I haven't understood the instructions.

I've tried to connect my physical HP Prime via USB cable to HP Prime Virtual Calculator, both with Connectivity Kit open and closed. Buth neither way I've managed to sync physical to virtual calculators.

Screen Capture HP P VC 01.png

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation