Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKova
Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

What is alternative to functions like CONTINUE and BREAK in common programming languages for HP50g?

HP Recommended
HP 50g graphing calculator

Hello dear HP Support Community , 

I would ask you a question on which I don't know the right answer.

So , I'm trying to figure out what function is possible substitute for most commonly used functions in other programming languages. I want to know what , or which , function ( command ) can replace BREAK and CONTINUE in HP 50g graphing calculator. 

Similar to CONTINUE , at least i thought that that function might be excellent replacement but when I read in hp49/48gII graphing calculator - advanced user's reference manual it seems that it write something like this for CONT function -

" CONT

Type : Command

Description: Continue Program Execution Command: Resumes execution of a halted program

Since CONT is a command , it can be assigned to a key or to a custom menu 

Access: 

Input/Output: None

See also: HALT, KILL, PROMPT  "

Yeah , i think that that was clear.

But what is alternative to  BREAK command ? When I want to break of a loop 🤔

I cant find nothing similar to this function or command or whatever else is that ...

Please help me with that ... and btw sorry for my bad english 🙄

Bye 🤗

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

CONT is to be used when you HALT a program. This is usually done in the context of the program pausing execution to temporary restore the calculator to "calculating mode" so that the user can use it to calculate something and provide the result to the program. Then the user would press a custom button which would execute CONT to continue the program...

the HP50G does NOT have loop BREAK and CONTINUE type function. You will have to "emulate" them using IF statements...

You can however have a break like construct using the IFERR loop IF condition THEN KILL END end of loop THEN END; type statement.

This will work as a break because KILL will be caught by the IFERR statement and stop the loop.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation