Intern
Intern
36 24 1 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White screen bug

HP Prime

I was doing some calculations and behold my calculator left the screen almost totally white, I can only turn it off and on, no other function works. What do I do?

P_20190130_165454_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
190 189 34 64
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White screen bug

Hello,

This is realy weired and I have never seen that! I If you remember how you got there, please tell me!

Anyhow, the best way to "solve" the problem is most likely to reset/reboot the calculator.

You can do this by pressing and holding the ON key. Then press the Symb key, then release both keys.

If this does not work, insert a paperclip in the reset hole at the back of the calculator.

It should reset and go back to normal operation.

Good luck,

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
36 24 1 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White screen bug

@Cyrille

I was doing some CAS calculations using the solve function, partial fractions and laplace transformations. It happened when the calculator was not processing any calculation. I think the CAS calculation history was too full, or something about that. Please check if this happens when the RAM is full.

I tried several times resolving rebooting, turning on and off, and resetting and nothing solved! After a few random attempts, she returned. It was a total of 30 minutes trying to make it work again.

This bug happened to me twice. This error is very harmful to the user and needs to be fixed!

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3426 3364 167 513
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White screen bug

Hi!, @GabrielM8 :

1) Press, ON+Apps+Esc.

2) Check your calculator with EA656 DIAGNOSTIC. Press C+F+O simultaneously and then without unpress this keys, press ON key few seconds. After you can see ...

E656 Diagnostic.JPG 

Now, press 4 (FLS Utility) and ENTER. Appear option's ... Select ... Format Disk C: and when finished, you see in the center of LCD screen one close Padlock intro inside blue circle. Now, move the padlock to left extreme and continued configure all step's.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation