Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKova
Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Why I cannot use function HMS--> in RPN mode when I write that function under bigger function as a..

HP Recommended

Ok I'm little bit confused .

I don't know why I can't write HMS--> function under some bigger function that contains HMS--> , in Algebraic expression when my expression is writen under quoted marks ( ' ' ). Of course I everything do in RPN calculator mode . Here is example : underneath pictures

So how Can i write this expression under quoted marks , that will bring me a good result 

Then when I hit ENTER button it show's me something like thatThen when I hit ENTER button it show's me something like that20171022_235803.jpgFirst i enter all my numbers under ' 'First i enter all my numbers under ' 'That is continued part of entering...That is continued part of entering...

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Horn
Level 8
623 610 118 208
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's because HMS→ is a command, not a function.  It cannot be included inside algebraic objects in RPN mode.

However, there's a nice trick that lets you use any command (e.g. HMS→) as if it were a function, and that's by wrapping it in a "user-defined function".  For example, type the following on your 50g in RPN mode:

« → t « t HMS→ » »

'HR' STO

This creates a user-defined function called HR which acts just like HR on the HP-41, and just like HMS→ on the 50g, but it's allowed inside algebraic expressions on the 50g.  So '1+HR(2.3)' is allowed.  Cool, huh?

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
JKova
Author
Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You Joe !!! 😃😃😃

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation