hinzo777
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

how to end test modus for students with connectivity kit

HP Recommended
HP prime graphic calculator

On page 'settings' 3/4 I get test modus and the internal memory is hidden. How do I end test modus?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Joe_Horn
Level 8
624 611 118 208
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll assume that you tapped the Start button and actually started Exam Mode. (If not, and you're still in the Exam Mode setup screen, just press Esc or Home to exit that screen).

To exit "Basic Mode" Exam Mode, connect Prime to a computer or another Prime using a USB cable. Exam Mode will exit immediately. The computer needn't be running the Connectivity Kit; any computer that recognizes USB devices will do.

To exit "Custom Mode" Exam Mode, you have 3 options: (1) Connect Prime to a computer or another Prime using a USB cable, or (2) Enter the password that you set, or (3) wait until the timeout that you specified has elapsed.

If you ever have trouble getting into the Exam Mode setup screen, On+Esc and On+E are shortcuts.

Suggestion: When the Exam Mode setup screen is displayed, press the Help key for information about Exam Mode.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP Prime user.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
hinzo777
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Joe! Thanks for replying. I did as you suggested. On page 3/4 of 'settings' I see now the following: On top: Exam Mode,

Configuration: Basic Mode, Default Angle: Degrees, 'Memory will be hidden'. Am I now out of Exam Mode? Why is the memory hidden?

I am na absolute beginner with my HP Prime and taking now the first steps.   Heinz

0 Kudos
Joe_Horn
Level 8
624 611 118 208
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hinzo777 wrote:

Hi Joe! Thanks for replying. I did as you suggested. On page 3/4 of 'settings' I see now the following: On top: Exam Mode,

Configuration: Basic Mode, Default Angle: Degrees, 'Memory will be hidden'. Am I now out of Exam Mode? Why is the memory hidden?

That screen is not exam mode... it's merely the SETUP screen for exam mode. (All the pages of Home Setup are, as the name suggests, setup screens).  Exam mode doesn't actually start until you tap the Start button (which only appears in the menu if your Prime is not connected to a computer by USB cable).

"Memory will be hidden" doesn't mean it's hidden NOW. It means that it WILL be hidden as soon as you Start exam mode. That's the default in a "Basic Mode" exam mode.  If you change that to Custom Mode, you have more options (Keep, Erase, Hide, and Keep and Restore).

Please press the Help key and read it.  Your questions are answered there.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
hinzo777
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Joe! Thank you very much! It was very kind of you to answer my many questions. It seems that I am now ready to explore my HP Prime. This will certainly take a while with all the many possibilities available. I am pretty sure this was not the last time that I had to post a question ;-). Best regards  Heinz

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation