Did you mean: 
DedaDjedo
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

hp10bii+ turns itself off right after reset

HP Recommended
hp10bii+

First it turns itself off randomly. Its not connencted to a specific button. It can be anything. And it only turns back on when i reset it. But then it can either work properly for some time or simply turn off whenever i press something. Its about 2 years old so i dont think the battery is the problem, although i havent tried changing it. Ive tried taking the batteries out, nothing changes.

3 REPLIES 3
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I on the other hand, highly suspect the batteries are getting low. Put new ones in and I suspect the problem will go away for you!   Basically, any time you press a key, the calcualtor wakes up from "sleep" (the screen is still showing in that state), it speeds up the processor, and does the calculation, and then goes back to "sleep". So if the battery can't provide quite enough juice, it may not make it through to the next sleep. Detecting low batteries is actually very tricky.

As the one who basically wrote all the software inside the 10bII+, I hope you've enjoyed it so far. 🙂

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DedaDjedo
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a self test. Checked the batteries and it just said "3". Ill change them in the next couple days and tell you how it goes. 

DedaDjedo
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tim_Wessmanwrote:

I on the other hand, highly suspect the batteries are getting low. Put new ones in and I suspect the problem will go away for you!   Basically, any time you press a key, the calcualtor wakes up from "sleep" (the screen is still showing in that state), it speeds up the processor, and does the calculation, and then goes back to "sleep". So if the battery can't provide quite enough juice, it may not make it through to the next sleep. Detecting low batteries is actually very tricky.

As the one who basically wrote all the software inside the 10bII+, I hope you've enjoyed it so far. 🙂

The problem is still here even after changing batteries... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation