Tutor
12 7 1 4
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

mDNS Problem

HP Prime Graphing Calculator

While using the HP Prime Virtual Graphing Calculator, I frequently get a "Not Responding" message and the following popup.

mDNS Problem.png

I have on several occasions reinstalled the HP Connectivity Kit from the HP Prime Calculator CD, but the message still occasionally pops up.  Is there an updated Connectivity Kit I can install from online?  If so, where is it?

Thanks,

Nick1941

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,671 3,396 171 517
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

mDNS Problem

Hi!, @Nick1941 :

Delete in your Notebook or PC, the previous version's of ...

Firmware.

Connectivity Kit.

Virtual Emulator.

And try download and install the ultimate version's, from … ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime

Nick1941 Tutor
Tutor
12 7 1 4
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

mDNS Problem

Oops! I spoke too soon.  After installing the latest Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator from the FTP site, I still keep getting the mDNS popup.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,671 3,396 171 517
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

mDNS Problem

Hi!, @Nick1941 :

IMHO you have problem with your network. Please read carefully the solution write, in the message what appear in your first post.

0 Kudos
Nick1941 Tutor
Tutor
12 7 1 4
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

mDNS Problem

Found the problem.  The Bonjour process had been put to sleep, and did not automatically awaken when it was needed, so I made it stay awake always.

Thanks,

Nick1941

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation