8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

new firmware 2.1.14575 date 2021 04 28

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after downloading and installing the last firmware 2.1.14575 dated 2021 04 28, the HP Connectivity kit and the HP Prime Calculator didn't communicate. After this I installed the previous HP Connectivity kit, Build  2.1.1425 (2020 01 16) and it recognizes the real calculator. But now, it doesn't recognize the HP Prime virtual calculator, Build 2.1.1425 (2020 1 16) that should be seen by the Conn. Kit to install new programs. How can this situation be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Claudio,

Just check the following in your Windows settings -> Apps -> in the Apps and features locate the HP connectivity Kit then click on it, it should show following information 2.1.14425.40.. This is the one released in 2020.01.16
ConKit.PNG

Do the same for the HP Virtual calculator and it should also show 2.1.14425.358  This is the one released in 2020.01.16

VirP.PNG

If any one is not then uninstall the one that is higher version number then download and install as per my previous post.
By the way, I think that when you install the HP Connectivity Ki the ROMs for G1 and G2 are automatically installed as well.

The following are the Directory listing of ROM files, Left is for G1 and right is G2.

G1 ROM Directory listingG1 ROM Directory listing Prime G2 Directory ListingPrime G2 Directory Listing

But to make sure that they are the correct ROMs go to Prime G1 and G2 Rom directory and open the file called release_info.txt file and check that they contain the following information:

Date Released: 2020/01/16

Internal Versions
-----------------
Firmware Version: 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16)
Virtual Calculator Version: 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16)
Connectivity Kit: 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
9 REPLIES 9
Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Claudio,

Try this website: HP-related Programs for the PC (hpcalc.org) and download the 2.1.14425 (2020-01-16) versions of connectivity Kit for 64 Bit or 32 bit verion as well as the virtual calculator (32 Bit / 64 Bit depending on your OS, to check your OS version: select windows logo -> settings -> System -> on the left column very last item called "About". Within about look for System Type - it tell you whether your system is 32/64 bit.).

Also the HP Prime firmware 2.1.14425 (2020-01-16) for G1 Prime and 2.1.14433 (2020-01-21) for G2 Prime. This firmwares you'll have to extract them to C:\Users\<your Username>\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\PrimeG1 and PrimeG2.

After downloading all the ones mentioned, uninstall HP Prime Vitual calculator the HP Connectivity Kit.

Intall the Connectivty Kit (2020-01-16) then install Vitual Prime then extract the Firmware to PrimeG1 and PrimeG2 Directory, respectively.

The version 2.1.14575 is a beta version so it could have some issues. So when the Prime promts you to update your Vitual and/or Real Prime choose no.

Hope this will solve your problem.

claudio1644
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion. I am new in this blog, since I have bought a used HP Prime last week. I tried to do what is suggested but it didn't run, since, also if I put the previous firmware in the firmware foder of the connectivity kit, the HP Connectivity kit refused to read it (may be because it was a previous version of the one installed in Prime). So I tried to reset the calculator to "Factory New Condition" pushing the 3 keys and paperclip in the rear hole... Very strange, the operation was perfect but, when I checked the Prime configuration with the Help Key, it showed the last beta version of the firmware. In any case, after reinstalling also the HP Connectivity kit at the last update, the communication of the Prime with the PC was OK.

Now the problem is that the connectivity kit don't recognize the Virtual HP Prime, but for this I try to delete the program and reinstall it, I will let you know later the results of this operation.

Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Claudio,

Just check the following in your Windows settings -> Apps -> in the Apps and features locate the HP connectivity Kit then click on it, it should show following information 2.1.14425.40.. This is the one released in 2020.01.16
ConKit.PNG

Do the same for the HP Virtual calculator and it should also show 2.1.14425.358  This is the one released in 2020.01.16

VirP.PNG

If any one is not then uninstall the one that is higher version number then download and install as per my previous post.
By the way, I think that when you install the HP Connectivity Ki the ROMs for G1 and G2 are automatically installed as well.

The following are the Directory listing of ROM files, Left is for G1 and right is G2.

G1 ROM Directory listingG1 ROM Directory listing Prime G2 Directory ListingPrime G2 Directory Listing

But to make sure that they are the correct ROMs go to Prime G1 and G2 Rom directory and open the file called release_info.txt file and check that they contain the following information:

Date Released: 2020/01/16

Internal Versions
-----------------
Firmware Version: 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16)
Virtual Calculator Version: 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16)
Connectivity Kit: 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

claudio1644
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much,

I have checked in the Apps of Win 10 and I found that I have installed the following:

• HP Connectivity Kit (64 bit): 2.1.14575.223
  • HP Prime Virtual Calculator (64 bit) 2.1.14181.11

So I now will proceed with their removal and installation of your suggested ones.

Thank you so much for your assistance,

claudio1644
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have now both HP prime Virtual calculator and HP Connectivity kit at the suggested  issues:

• Conn. Kit: 2.1.14425.40
  • Virt. Calc: 2.1.14425.358

Now the Conn. Kit and the HP Prime talks each other but the Conn. Kit don't see the Virtual HP Prime.

In addition the previous firmware 20200116, also if inserted into the right folder C:\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20200116 cannot be installed in the real HP Prime ( when I right.click on the name of HP Prime, this is the answer:

claudio1644_0-1620232374464.png

May be this is due to the fact that, also if the previous HP Connectivity Kit program has been removed, its folders remained in he PC? I am quite sure of this, since a program that I installed before: Gallery.HPAPPDIR, is still in the Content Folder.

So, after removing the HP Connectivity kit, shall I remove also all the folders related to the HP Connectivity kit and leave the installation program to create it?

Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Claudio,

I presume that you've unzipped 2020 1.16 visions of firmware for the prime G1 and G2 in the following folder Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\PrimeG1 and Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\PrimeG2?

If this is true then do the following.
For the Real Prime Connect your Prime to PC/Laptop and start the Connectivity kit. Try holding down Symb while doing a paper clip reset. Your Prime is now in firmware recovery mode, then after a little while the Connectivity Kit should detect it and offer to upgrade firmware. If it doesn't detect it, try unplugging and replunging in the USB Cable. 
For the Virtual Prime go to Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Calculators folder. In there it should be at least one calculator, usually named Prime ( Or nane you've given in the Prime Home settings Page 2.

Rename the calculator folder to Prime OLD ( or even delete it. Then start the Virual calculator it should then create a new Virtual calculator.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps

claudio1644
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, the first issue has been made: the HP Prime has been put in paper clip reset while connected to the PC with the HP Conn. kit ON: it has offered to upgrade the firmware, but the firmware has not been found, also if it was in the following Folder: C:\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20200116.

I am sure it is for the G1, since I downoladed it for the G1 and my HP Prime is a G1!

I tried also to offer the downloaded firmware in the download folder, but it wasn't detected: may be this is due to the fact that the firmware in the real Prime is of a more recent issue?

For the HP Vitual calculator: OK, now it is detected.

Thank you very much!

Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Claudio,

The firmware should be in Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\PrimeG1 NOT in C:\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20200116. That's way Connectivity Kit could not offer the firmware upgrade when your Real Prime was in Firmware upgrade mode. As Connectivity Kit is looking for files in PrimeG1 Directory.

So copy the files in HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20200116 directory into  Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\PrimeG1 directory and try again.  it should work once you do that.

Good luck.

claudio1644
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! You are right, now everything is perfect, the mistake I made was to directly unzipping the file downloaded from the HP repository into the Firmware folder of the HP Connectivity Folder. But now everything has the right App.

You have been very helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation