Did you mean: 
CMarEng
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

operating system for prime

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP

Is Prime supported in Windows XP (32bit)

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,410 90,287 11,605 24,898
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CMarEng wrote:

Is Prime supported in Windows XP (32bit)

Please try HP Prime PC Connectivity Kit which only works on computer running Windows XP or Windows 7/8/10 Operating System.

https://www.educalc.net/2336443.page

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

HP no longer supports or tests the emulator software or the connectivity kit on windows XP. There are some commands used in the communication code on the emulator/connkit that are not supported on anything lower then Vista. Those commands were necessary to add unfortunately to avoid problems with communication paths remaining open permanently in some cases until next reboot.

You can always try to run it on windows XP still, but be aware that you may have issues.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also note - that page is incorrect. XP is not officially supported any more and there is OFFICIAL support for macOS.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation