_shan1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

CD-ROM Drive won't burn my CD's

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I'm a regular user of my CD Drive to burn cds for my car, however a couple of months ago it just stopped working. I'm using the exact same blank cd's as i always have. When i put the blank in, it says that it is burning and it starts spinning, then within a minute or so it just ejects back out! ive tried with multiple cd's now. 

All i can think of is whether it has something to do with when i updated to windows 10.

Ive tried uninstalling it and then using system recovery to try and fix the issue, but nothing seems to work!

Ive read a few support pages on this issue, but i just dont understand! 

Please help!

Thanyou,

Shan :)

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4847 256 323
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Hi @_shan1,

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you :)

As I understand, your notebook would not burn CD's

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Did you make any hardware/software changes? 

What is the product number? 

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 572 1588
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

> When i put the blank in, it says that it is burning and it starts spinning,

> then within a minute or so it just ejects back out! ive tried with multiple cd's now. 

This symptom matches a "failed" CD-writer -- the laser inside the device is not "burning" the surface.

> All i can think of is whether it has something to do with when i updated to windows 10.

Very doubtful!

> Ive tried uninstalling it and then using system recovery to try and fix the issue, but nothing.

You do not have a "software" problem -- you have a "hardware" problem.

Replace the CD/DVD drive.  Costs under $40 USA.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation