Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cw1017na Full-HD Touchscreen Laptop Ryzen™ 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When purchasing the HP Pavilion  from HP (UK)  i chose to purchase Office 365 and purchased in hindsight I now realize that I purchased the incorrect version.  I Purchased 365 Business Premium and it will not let me activate/register the product as I do not have a business email address to associate to.  

Does anyone know how if and how I can 'convert' the subscription (paid upfront for 12 months) to Family or how i might be able to use the Business version?

I have looked at the Microsoft site and reached out to MS support - but all paths lead back to HP as i purchased 365 from HP as a third party.

I am outside of the 30 day return window, so converting or an alternative solution seems like the only way forward.

Any suggestions welcome - thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dave2360

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to do it.

If you need the other version, you'll need to purchase that and install it instead of this one.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.