Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Periodically I use PowerPoint 16.0. But after a serious serious system error, I was unable to open some of the files that I need for the report. Error: PowerPoint has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.

How to solve this problem? The reinstallation of the program did not help. So it's in the file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Following steps, which are generally required for very solution, are shown below:

1. Open MS PowerPoint program. Click on Office button (on top of the left side).
  2. A window will be appearing. Now select corrupt PowerPoint file from the system directory.
  3. Click on the arrow of Open button. A list will be scrolled down.
  4. From the list, click on Open and Repair. After some seconds, the file will be repaired and opened.

Note: Though this solution efficiently works with corrupt files, but if it does not work we must try the following solutions.

1. We should try to open a corrupt file in OpenOffice.org Impress.

2. We should try to open a corrupt file in MS Word. If it gets opened, we can recover at least the text part of the presentation file.

3. We should try to import the slides from the damaged file into a new file.

Time to time such manuals aren't effective ppt repair tool, then I go to Google or Bing 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Customer,

please refer to the lick below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2769349/repair-process-for-an-office-click-to-run-applicati...

Regards,

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
HP Recommended

Following steps, which are generally required for very solution, are shown below:

1. Open MS PowerPoint program. Click on Office button (on top of the left side).
  2. A window will be appearing. Now select corrupt PowerPoint file from the system directory.
  3. Click on the arrow of Open button. A list will be scrolled down.
  4. From the list, click on Open and Repair. After some seconds, the file will be repaired and opened.

Note: Though this solution efficiently works with corrupt files, but if it does not work we must try the following solutions.

1. We should try to open a corrupt file in OpenOffice.org Impress.

2. We should try to open a corrupt file in MS Word. If it gets opened, we can recover at least the text part of the presentation file.

3. We should try to import the slides from the damaged file into a new file.

Time to time such manuals aren't effective ppt repair tool, then I go to Google or Bing 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.