cancel
Mgr1954 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does Hp have a bluetooth driver update, A2DP compatible? Old Win7Laptop can't link to new BT speaker

I have an old Windows 7 computer from 2013 that I tried to use to send music to a new Link20 JBL speaker.  The computer finds the device, but will not send music wirelessly, giving an error message,  although a wireless mouse works.  I was told by JBL that I need a A2DP compatible driver from HP but when I checked for updated driver, I got a message that the best driver for bluetooth was installed.  Is a driver available to make this work, or would I be better off installing a new Bluetooth 4 dongle with new software?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
103,605 97,635 15,165 23,344
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does Hp have a bluetooth driver update, A2DP compatible? Old Win7Laptop can't link to new BT speaker

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.

Please do not post the serial number.

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have? 

The bluetooth radio is on the same circuit board as the wifi radio.

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation