Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use Google Chrome as my default browser but am trying to replace it with the HP Secure Browser (part of Sure Click). The HP Secure Browser is based on Chromium so I installed all the extensions I currently use with Chrome.  Some work OK but the following do not: Adguard, Newtab redirect, Norton Security, Print for Google Chrome. I called the HP Help Desk who told me the HP Secure Browser does not support extensions as they are regarded as security risks. This does not stack up as Chromium allows extensions to be added very much as in Chrome - if they are not supported why provide a facility to add them?

Has anyone had the same problem? Is there any way around this? My default solution is to stick with Google Chrome.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

SteveB 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.