Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ZBook 14 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am trying to run the HP Image Assistant on Windows 10 1809 and am getting errors when trying to Analyze the computer.

On a ZBook 14 G2 running 1809 LTSC it says, "HP Image Assistant does not support Windows 10 version 1809 for this platform.  Would you like to download the list of supported platforms and operating systems?"

On a EliteBook 850 G2 running 1809 (Standard OS, not LTSC) it starts analyzing but then hangs on "Getting Installed QFEs".

Any idea why I'm seeing these errors?  According to the release notes it's supposed to support 1809.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok.  I will pass along to our HPIA team that we seem to have an issue with the ZBook 14 G2 Reference Image.  

In the interim you can use HPIA to download and install drivers by using the Download SoftPaqs or Get Drivers features.  Download SoftPaqs will allow you to select one or multiple systems.  You can then Analyze, download and install available SoftPaqs.  The Get Drivers tab allows you to select a specific platform and OS version.  You can then create and download driver packs for the selected platform.

I was just notified by support that your issue with the ZBook 14 G2 has already been reported and is being investigated.  I don't have a resolution ETA at this time.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I was able to get it running on my EliteBook 850 G3 running 1809 (Standard OS, not LTSC).

I still get the error on 1809 LTSC saying "HP Image Assistant does not support Windows 10 version 1809 for this platform.  Would you like to download the list of supported platforms and operating systems?".  I tried this with another ZBook but this one was a G1 instead of a G2.

Any ideas on how I can get this working?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

The Windows 10 (1809) Reference Image for the EliteBook 850 G3 was released on November 20th.

The Windows 10 (1809) Reference Image for the ZBook 14 G2 was released on November 26th.

Try running Analyze Image using HPIA again on the ZBook 14 G2 and see if you still get an error.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

@Joel_R wrote:

The Windows 10 (1809) Reference Image for the EliteBook 850 G3 was released on November 20th.

The Windows 10 (1809) Reference Image for the ZBook 14 G2 was released on November 26th.

Try running Analyze Image using HPIA again on the ZBook 14 G2 and see if you still get an error.

Joel

Hi Joel,

I tried running it HPIA assistant again on the ZBook 14 G2 and received the same error.  Is there anything else I may need to do to get this working?

Is there a way for the public to check if/when reference image's are available?

Thank you

HP Recommended

The image is on the HP Support site.  I will pass you issue along to support and have them test and see why you are having a problem.

Just to be certain we are looking at the correct system.  Run the following command from a CMD prompt.

wmic baseboard get product

This command will return the system base board id.  It should return 2216 for the ZBook 14 G2

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

The following HP site is updated when new Reference Images are available.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/imagepal/ref/platformList.html

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing the link.

The command does indeed return 2216.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Ok.  I will pass along to our HPIA team that we seem to have an issue with the ZBook 14 G2 Reference Image.  

In the interim you can use HPIA to download and install drivers by using the Download SoftPaqs or Get Drivers features.  Download SoftPaqs will allow you to select one or multiple systems.  You can then Analyze, download and install available SoftPaqs.  The Get Drivers tab allows you to select a specific platform and OS version.  You can then create and download driver packs for the selected platform.

I was just notified by support that your issue with the ZBook 14 G2 has already been reported and is being investigated.  I don't have a resolution ETA at this time.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.