Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up HP MIK with our SCCM environment. I was successful with setting BIOS on multiple computers via MIK BIOS Configuration (Configuration Baseline). I can even see the result in Compliance tab.

I want a report for multiple computers containing the BIOS Settings. Dashboard says "... inventory including BIOS data...". But how can I do it? It does not show any BIOS option:

Reports_dashboard.png

Can MIK even do it?

HP Client Settings with HW Inventory are deployed.

SCCM version 1906

HP MIK 3.2.12.1

HP MIK Client 3.2.5.1

Thank you.

Jakub

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello

I found this article: https://miketerrill.net/2016/01/31/how-to-inventory-hp-bios-and-uefi-settings-with-configmgr/

could it be usefull for you ?

how many system parameter do you want to collect from BIOS ?

bye

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have found it too. But I think there are limited options for reporting the BIOS settings. We need report such a boot options, boot order, lan/wan switching and more. Similar report like from HP BCU, but for thousand computers. I thought that report from HP MIK is able to do it.

HP Recommended

Hi

I never tried something like that.

HP developed also Powershell Client Management script library that includes cmdlets able to do the same things you can do via BCU.

you can run the script on managegement console using as target the remote PC, you get the result on a management console. I guess there should be a way to redirect the remote client reply into a file. in aPS loop it could be possible to create a huge file with the reply of the thousand remote Client or thousand small files , one for each remote client.

Then in some way you need another script able to handle all that data and transferom them in a format you like (sometime I use gawk script to manage text file).

I would be better to do it via SCCM.  I will try ,  if I have time on the next week ,  to run a Hardware inventory, in my case , I have a lab where I can have max 4 clients + PC with SCCM virtual machine.

bye

HP Recommended

Hello

I updated to latest HP MIK server version sp103703.exe  MIK server 3.2.12.1

I started my SCCM Console

I expanded HP Mik

I selected HP Reports

I cliked on Launch Dashboard

Then Hardware inventory

at this point ,  when i Click on "Class" arrow, I see several tens WMI classes ,

now I have to understand how to get some data from my client , such as: manufacturer , model number, BIOS version , serial number , UEFI boot order,  Windows version.

bye

HP Recommended

I dint' find a way , using HP Reports , to create a query able to read a BIOS setting parameter such as UEFI Boot Order.

if someone will be able , please let me know how you did it.

bye

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you. I tried without success. Only compliance seems to be useful for quick check. But I am unable find the way to use reports as well.

BR

Jakub

HP Recommended

Hello Jakubcze

I'm not a SCCM expert.

what happens if you sedn a powershell cmdlet ,via SCCM agent,  to a pc and this powershell script is able to collect all BIOS settings ?

will the result sent back to SCCM console and possibily saved into a file or saved locally to the PC ?

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.