Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Prodesk 400 G4 DM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have set up SCCM with HP MIK / Installed MIK Client on Prodesk 400 G4 DM

Created baseline with BIOS Password and deployed it

The PC gets the configuration, sets the BIOS password and the report in Configuration Manager shows its compliant

The Bios password has been set!

Then the next time it refreshs the baseline config it comes up with error:

_SetupPassword 

Enforcement Error - 0x80070002 - The systems can not find the specified file - Error Source Windows

---

So BIOS password has been set but pc is saying it isnt compliant?? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I am encountering this same issue for a MIK BIOS configuration baseline applied to 50+ EliteBook 850 G3's. 

I haven't had the opportunity to see if any of the settings actually applied to the workstations in question yet, but I will check back in on this post once I have been able to validate.

This is especially frustrating when you consider that this tool is intended to reduce touchpoints, and easily integrate into SCCM environment.

HP Recommended

For me the settings are defo pushing out, bios password is set etc

I can see the it become compliant - everything on report is green.

Then next time it refreshes it goes uncompliant??

HP Recommended

Hi I am getting the same issue.

Settings are pushed out and password is changed on first pass. 

Subsequent passes report an error with the password.

Is there a work around?

HP Recommended

exact same problem here. the password changes but baseline reports back as non compliant. 

and viewing the report shows the following error:

Enforcement Error0x80070002The system cannot find the file specified.Windows

HP what are you doing to resolve this? 

HP Recommended

same problem with the latest version

HP MIK 3.0.22.1

MIK Client 3.0.11.1

All systems Windows10 1809

Different HP Modells  (Elitebook, Desk...)

SCCM Version 5.00.8790.1000

HP Recommended

Anyone have any luck in resolving this issue? I am seeing the same thing when setting BIOS Settings and a BIOS Password.

HP MIK 3.0.22.1

MIK Client 3.0.11.1

SCCM 1810

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.