Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Mouse 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought HP Omen Mouse 400 but i cant use Sniper mode and programe another 2 buttons on left.

I tried to get HP Mouse control center but I really cant find it.

Can you please help me how to programme / activate it, or give me link for P control mouse center? (i dont have "hp omen pc")

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DStanek, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

1 - Sniper button Press and hold to reduce DPI to 400 DPI. Release to return to current DPI setting. Use this button to help aim in a first-person shooter.

2 - Back button Press to open the last page visited in a web browser.

3 - Light To change the light color, click the left mouse button while pressing and holding the sniper button 1 and back button 2. By default, it is red. If you change the DPI setting, it overrides this light color setting. To change the lighting effect, click the DPI setting button 4 while pressing and holding the sniper button 1 and back button 2. By default, the light is solid in a single color.

4 - DPI setting button Press to change the DPI setting. • Red: 1600 DPI (default) • Red-orange: 2000 DPI • Orange: 2400 DPI • Yellow-orange: 2800 DPI • Yellow: 3200 DPI • Yellow-green: 3600 DPI • Green: 4000 DPI • Blue-green: 4400 DPI • Blue: 6400 DPI • Blue-violet: 12000 DPI • Violet: 800 DPI • Red-violet: 1200 DPI

To switch between the 1000 Hz and 125 Hz polling rate, right-click the mouse while pressing and holding the sniper button 1 and back button 2. When the setting is changed successfully, the light flashes white three times. By default, the polling rate is 1000 Hz.

To switch the lift-off distance between 2 mm and 1.0 mm, click the scroll wheel while pressing and holding the sniper button 1 and back button 2. When the setting is changed successfully, the light flashes white three times. By default, the lift-off distance is 2 mm.

This mouse uses an optical tracking sensor for gaming-grade precision and accuracy. For optimal performance, HP recommends a high-quality mouse pad such as the OMEN by HP Mouse Pad.

For more info on using/configuring the HP Omen mouse 400, refer to the user manual

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think here is a misunderstanding i know which button to click to active "sniper mode"  but it didint work for me if i push button one mouse did nothing its same DPI.

Same i cant programme this button 1 and button 2  because i didint get any CD with app or i cant find any app on your web.

For better understanding i dont have "omen PC" just only omen mouse.

HP Recommended

@DStanek

The Buttons on a HP Omen mouse 400 are pre-configured and cannot be re-configured. However, you can change the settings on a game being played by going to the Mouse settings, But not on the mouse itself.

keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If it is pre configured still i cant use that sniper mode push and holding it pushed  still dont work

HP Recommended

@DStanek

If the button does not work, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.