Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Softpaq Download Manager v4.4.0.0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to use SDM to get the driver packages for our systems however once I select the model, OS and language, then select Find Available SoftPaqs, it just sits on "Searching for available softPaqs. Please Wait.."

I've left it running overnight and it's still going.

I have entered the proxy details and it downloads the catalog fine since.

Not sure what to do here.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I was having the same issue while deploying a new Elitebook 850 G5. I just resolve the issue on this system. 

WHAT I TRIED:

• Uninstall / re-install of latest version
  • Uninstall + deleting HP related folder under c:\, re-install of latest version
  • Messing with proxy & server settings. 

WHAT FINALLY WORKED: Revo uninstall of HP SDM, following by install of latest version. 

You can download Revo uninstall for free, just beware of tricky tag-along software trying to trick you to install it during setup. 

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this still didn't help me.

Completely uninstalled using revo, cleared all regkeys and the files it offered but after a re-install it still just sits there "searching for available softpaqs"

I tried to download the driver cabs to install using powershell but they're not kept uptodate at all.

The HP Support Assistant requires manual driver installation most of the time which takes ages.

Very frustrating

HP Recommended

Revo uninstaller helped removing everything about softpaq.

Reinstalling it all worked .

Thanks

Nicola

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.