Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HPIA offline repository softpaq install exits with 0, no software actually gets installed

HP Recommended
All supported models
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having some issues running HPIA against a locally stored repositories built with client script library.

HPIA reports them as installed - exit code 0 on all, yet nothing seems to be applying. There are also handled exceptions being thrown for the repository files. Has anyone come across this before?

Syntax i am using for it is: "HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /Selection:All /Offlinemode:C:\Windows\Temp\HPClient\Repository /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:C:\Windows\Temp\HPClient\Repository /ReportFolder:C:\Windows\Temp\ /Noninteractive /Silent /BIOSPwdFile:Password.bin /Debug"

Works fine if i run it without attempting to leverage local repositories using following syntax: "HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /Selection:All /Silent /ReportFolder:C:\Windows\Temp /softpaqdownloadfolder:C:\Windows\Temp /BIOSPwdFile:Password.bin /Debug"

I am trying to minimize user disruption during upgrades, so i have a script setup which silently builds a local repository prior to HPIA being launched. 

As far as i can tell - all of our production models  are affected, and behavior is exhibited on W10 1809, 1903, 1909 and 2004.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i feel like this used to work without any issues in the past as i had done tests when offline feature became available at the start of the year. 

hpia.PNG

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation