Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Exporting simple passExporting simple passI updated HPSimplePass today and with the new version selected Export. Was prompted for password and on Save As I was informed the file didn't exist which is what I expected but not as an error. Seem the programmer confused the Export & the Import dialog boxes.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Crookers,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues exporting your data on Simplepass after updating the program.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• How did you update the Simplepass program?
  • What was the previous version of Simplepass installed on your computer?
  • What is the current version of Simplepass?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

I await a response at your earliest convenience.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In answer to your questions:

• Updated using the download icon on previous version
  • No idea its overwriten now. Just to say it wasnt the latest
  • Latest version as of today = it doesnt tell you from the application but windows programs & features reports its 8.01.62
  • What trouble shooting do you suggest? I click export & I expect to be able to save a file not get an error stating the new file I'm trying to save does not exist (thats just plain wrong).

Regards

Peter

PS: while you're stating you're an HP employee. So was I until 2013 as EMEA Strategic Problem Manager 🙂

HP Recommended

@Crookers,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I understand you are still having issues with the simple pass, no worries, I'll do my best to help you with this.

Just wanted to check Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Simple pass on your PC.

Have you ensured all the drivers are updated either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant.

Unfortunately you will not be able to export or import your password vault from another password manager to SimplePass (although you can do this from one SimplePass to another!)

Could you please respond to this post with the details as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.