Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 13x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hard drive failed.  I was able to get it to work and copy win re file and copy to another computer.   when I ran recovery on original hard drive it froze.   I have installled new hard drive and want a clean start with windows.  

I would like to find a way to access my windows product key. as window came pre-installed and didn't contain paper copy of product key

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@veob2002

The key is embedded in BIOS of your computer. Please download and install Windows 8.1 using the following instructions

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows8

During the installation process, please SKIP the step to enter product key. System will use the key in BIOS to activate.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
I suggest you to buy a OEM product key for Windows And do not format laptops or pc frequently..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.