Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I get my Win 10 product key for my hp desktop?

HP110
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I had to change harddrives and i dont have a win 10 product key label on the case like Ive always had on previous purchases. I cant activate windows without it! How do I contact HP support for this? Thank You!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,518 107,699 17,071 26,126
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Starting with W8, all PC manufacturers such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc, must have the Windows product keys in the BIOS.

No more product key stickers like there were in W7 and earlier versions of Windows.  This now prevents the unauthorized use of OEM windows product keys on other PC's.

You do not need the W10 product key to reinstall W10.  

W10 will find the product key in the BIOS, install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im already on the internet and activation troubleshooter isnt helping. Says it cant activate.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation