Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP110
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I had to change harddrives and i dont have a win 10 product key label on the case like Ive always had on previous purchases. I cant activate windows without it! How do I contact HP support for this? Thank You!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Starting with W8, all PC manufacturers such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc, must have the Windows product keys in the BIOS.

No more product key stickers like there were in W7 and earlier versions of Windows.  This now prevents the unauthorized use of OEM windows product keys on other PC's.

You do not need the W10 product key to reinstall W10.  

W10 will find the product key in the BIOS, install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

HP Recommended

Im already on the internet and activation troubleshooter isnt helping. Says it cant activate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.