Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

To work on an important assignment from the management, I needed a graph of the aggregate income previously created by me in the presentation. To my surprise I could not open it. Office 2010 which I use at work wrote: File is damaged or corrupted and can’t be opened. Help to solve the problem. With this I have never encountered.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LeaGeiger

Try / consider:

How to troubleshoot printing problems in Word

and

How to open documents by using the Open and Repair feature in Word

There is a lot of information for this sort of thing on the 'net.

Open your favorite browser and search for something like:

Microsoft office  "file is damaged or corrupted"

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The steps, which a repair .pptx file for this solution, are shown below:
1. Open MS PowerPoint program. Click on Office button (on top of the left side).
2. A window will be appearing. Now select corrupt PowerPoint file from the system directory.
3. Click on the arrow of Open button. A list will be scrolled down.
4. From the list, click on Open and Repair. After some seconds, the file will be repaired and opened.
Note: Though this solution efficiently works with corrupt files, but if it does not work we must try the following solutions.
1. We should try to open a corrupt file in OpenOffice.org Impress.
2. We should try to open a corrupt file in MS Word. If it gets opened, we can recover at least the text part of the presentation file.
3. We should try to import the slides from the damaged file into a new file.

HP Recommended
Sorry my laptop still can't work?
HP Recommended

AzimahLuvbacht wrote: Sorry my laptop still can't work?

Take your LENOVO laptop to a qualified technician who is certified to repair LENOVO computers.

They will replace the "failed" disk-drive, and will re-install Windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.