Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

To work on an important task, I needed charts of market capitalization, previously created by me in a pdf file. To my surprise, I could not open it in adobe 11.0 which I use at work. An error appeared on the screen: File damaged and can not be repaired. Help solve the problem. I never encountered this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
  • PDF repair tool file that was corrupted by sending it to the recycle bin then empty the recycle bin. Download the PDF file again from the original source. While the Acrobat is downloading the file, limit your computer usage, this will only take a few minutes so just walk away from the computer momentarily. Open the new PDF file once the download has completed.
  • Remove your Adobe Acrobat Reader program. Click "Start" and select "Control panel." When the control panel opens find "Adobe Acrobat Reader" click on the program then select "Uninstall." Allow the program to complete the entire uninstall process.
  • Reboot your computer by clicking the "Start" then select "Restart." When the computer is finished rebooting reinstall the "Adobe Acrobat Reader" from www.adobe.com. Download the latest version of the "Acrobat" for your computer's operating system. This will take a few minutes to complete the reinstall.
  • Download the PDF file again by visiting the website that you obtained the corrupted PDF file from. The file should be able to open correctly, but if you are still getting a corrupted file, proceed to the next step.
  • Download a PDF Recovery software program from the resource section and install on your computer. Follow the instructions given to recover the corrupted PDF file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SegoleneCuvilli wrote:

... An error appeared on the screen: File damaged and can not be repaired. Help solve the problem. I never encountered this.

@SegoleneCuvilli

Can you open SAME file from other machine(s). If yes, save it again and copy to your machine. By the way Adobe 11.0 is not a product from HP.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
How? This window 07 Pro 0A HP.
HP Recommended
  • PDF repair tool file that was corrupted by sending it to the recycle bin then empty the recycle bin. Download the PDF file again from the original source. While the Acrobat is downloading the file, limit your computer usage, this will only take a few minutes so just walk away from the computer momentarily. Open the new PDF file once the download has completed.
  • Remove your Adobe Acrobat Reader program. Click "Start" and select "Control panel." When the control panel opens find "Adobe Acrobat Reader" click on the program then select "Uninstall." Allow the program to complete the entire uninstall process.
  • Reboot your computer by clicking the "Start" then select "Restart." When the computer is finished rebooting reinstall the "Adobe Acrobat Reader" from www.adobe.com. Download the latest version of the "Acrobat" for your computer's operating system. This will take a few minutes to complete the reinstall.
  • Download the PDF file again by visiting the website that you obtained the corrupted PDF file from. The file should be able to open correctly, but if you are still getting a corrupted file, proceed to the next step.
  • Download a PDF Recovery software program from the resource section and install on your computer. Follow the instructions given to recover the corrupted PDF file.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.