Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-7023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a large screen LG Electronics IPS LED monitor to use with my HP Laptop via HDMI.  The monitor came with  a program called OnScreen Control which allows this additional monitor to split it's screen by 2, 3 or 4 sections.  It has been working great up until a few weeks ago.  I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and still it is not functioning.  The software console opens but most features are now grayed out.  I don't know if this is an issue with the HP Laptop or something to do with the monitor itself.  I have also removed it from my device manager and reinstalled.  No change.

Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JPArizona

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the OnScreen Control with the LG monitor isn't working and you need help with the same,

Since the product was sent along with the LG monitor, I recommend you contact them for further assistance related to the options greyed out.

The best you could do to ensure it isn't your laptop, is update your video card to the latest version available:
Click here to download and install updates.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

JP,

Did you get this corrected?  I am having the same prlblem  I have had OnScreen Control working for months on 2 other computers - it does not work on the newly purchased HP (whcih is the only thing that changed so I suspect it is something wrong with the HP machine.)

Tech support for both LG and HP say ... talk to the other guy, not our problem.  However ... it works on everyone else's laptop  - it only fails on the HP.  

Let me know if you have found a solution.

HP Recommended

It some times works and it sometimes does not.  No one had any answers.  Uninstalling and reinstalling did not seem to do anything.

HP Recommended

@JPArizona

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand the issue is not completely resolved yet, perhaps you could elaborate on what's happening and when it stops,

so that we can resolve the issue permanently:

Also, you may want to check this link for more steps to resolve issues with using HDMI on the monitor:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

However, if it's to do with using the split screen feature on the monitor,

you will need to Contact the manufacturer of the monitor for more details on using the same.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle,

I am guessing that my issue and JP's are the same.  I can operate my laptop connected to the widescreen monitor via an HDMI cable with no issues.  All is well.  Nothing wrong.

LG (the monitor manaufacturer) has a software utility called OnScreen Control that will allow quick selection of windows arrangements and sizes on the widesreen monitor.  This LG software utility is not working.  It works on 2 other laptops that I have in use but when loaded onto my new HP laptop, it doesnt work.  It loads and shows the main console, but it is grayed out and the cursor shows the twirling clock that never stops twirling.  While the laptop is able to communicate with the monitor correctly, it appears the OnScreen Control software is unable to communicate correctly with either the laptop or the monitor.  When I open OnScreen control without the monitor present, it doesn't lock up  or twirl but says "No monitor connected."

Hopefully you can help.  LG has not heard of the problem and, as noted, their software works with at least 2 other laptops that I own ... both of which are Dell.

HP Recommended

@CShaugh

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Just to verify, did you go through the steps I had suggested for JPArizona?

If yes, I recommend you reinstall the software and retry.

Also, I would appreciate if you could reply back with a link to this software, so we could check for any compatible issues,

And please look for other version on the LG website as it could be doing this due to compatibility issues.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.