Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Devicemanager
Other

I am trying to do a upgrade of HP devicemanager 4.7 SP4 to SP6 and having a issue connecting the client after upgrading the Devicemanager server.

The upgrade succeeds but i am not able to connect with a older client to the device manager server.

I did a rollback of the VM and first tried a console upgrade first, but here i am also not able to communicate with the devicemanager server. (SP6 console to SP4 server) Are the any known issues with compability of client and server? I did not find any stuff in the documentation.

Did anyone here do a succesfull upgrade of the server with temporary a old console client?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi 

Please check in the support matrix for HPDM 4.7 sp6 release notes if the older client is supported. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/hpdm/Documentation/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes_HP_Device_Manager-4.7SP6.pdf 

Older HPDM console will not work correctly with new HPDM server , would not suggest it. 

regards

PC_bam

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.