Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MS access 2007 open, load mdb file, click create, click query wizard, any selection causes access to shue down. Other mdb databases I have access will just close down. If mdb converted to accdb it will open but without any queries, forms, etc. Runnung as administrator. On my win10 desktop, everything works fine, same program, same files. I created this db years ago and have had no problems on XP, Win7, Win8, and prev versions of access. This is my first HP product, maybe last. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I discovered a post directing to this web site.   http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet004.asp

Using /decompile cured my problems. Strange, since I had no problems using access 2007 on win 7 and win 8. I started this database on DB3 and have been moving it up for years... Not until win 10 did I have any problems...

Use "start"   "Run"  and type "msaccess.exe /decompile "C:\Documents\access data\database.mdb""  of course using the location and name of your database. 

HP Recommended

Follow up - Decompile allows me to run the database. But... I have to run it everytime I exit Access and open it again. This is not an acceptable situation. Even if I save as .accdb instead of .mdb it still crashes. I can open and close the database as often as I want as long as I do not exit access. Use "start"   "Run"  and type "msaccess.exe /decompile" will open access and allow me to call up any database listed in recent databases. If I open MS Access without the decompile switch, as soon as I click on a recent database it will just close down access. This does not happen on my desktop, a gigabyte powered computer running the exact same version of win10 pro, access 2007, and same databases. Is it HP? Also 0 problems on a Toshiba laptop on win 8.1 with access 2007. HELP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.