Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I work in bank, and I often should work with files of Excel. Recently, working on statistics, I need data for last year. But I could not open the file with them. Office 2010 reported about an error: Faced Microsoft Excel a problem and it needs to be closed. I do not know how I can obtain the data from there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For Excel recovery online try:

Run Repair The first thing to try is to open it with the Repair option in Excel. You can do this by clicking on File and then Open. In the Open dialog box, single click on the Excel file and then click on the small arrow next to the Open button. Go ahead and click on Open and Repair and you’ll get a message asking if you want to repair, which will recover as much data as possible or if you simply want to extract data, which will copy out the formulas and values. You can try to repair first and see if it can recover the whole file, if not, you can then try to extract the data.

Sourse:http://thebackroomtech.com/2010/08/30/how-to-repair-corrupted-excel-files/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Ask your bank's I.T. Support "Help Desk" for assistance.

Maybe, an older copy of the file exists within the bank's "daily backup" archives ???

HP Recommended

Run Repair The first thing to try is to open it with the Repair option in Excel. You can do this by clicking on File and then Open. In the Open dialog box, single click on the Excel file and then click on the small arrow next to the Open button. Go ahead and click on Open and Repair and you’ll get a message asking if you want to repair, which will recover as much data as possible or if you simply want to extract data, which will copy out the formulas and values. You can try to repair first and see if it can recover the whole file, if not, you can then try to extract the data.

Sourse:http://thebackroomtech.com/2010/08/30/how-to-repair-corrupted-excel-files/

HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.