Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
parvillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I shut down my system windows post the name of an app that is shutting down and the OS continue with the shutdown process before I can read anything about which app is not shutting down. How can I delay the information on the screen long enough to read which app is not stopping correctly!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FrankC3,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect power settings or corrupt power plan.

Try the steps listed here and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run power troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar and click on it in results.
b. Click View all and then click Power.
c. Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to perform Clean Boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.