01-15-2019 02:06 AM
When I tried to reset my computer it said it couldn't find the right files and went to a black screen
01-16-2019 04:21 PM - edited 01-16-2019 04:22 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.
- When was the last time the computer was working fine?
- What is the exact issue you are facing?
- How did you perform the reset on the computer?
- Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the below steps to perform a system recovery on the computer.
1. Please, shut down the computer using the power button
2. Power it on.
3. Immediately start tapping the Esc key. This should open the HP Startup Menu.
4. Press F11 for System Recovery.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Please refer to the below video’s for performing recovery.
Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Good day! Take care 🙂
I am an HP Employee