Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cant controll RGB lights HP OMEN 870-224

HP OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an hp omen 870-224 and i recently accedentaly uninstalled the RGB light strip control Software that came pre-installed with the system and i cant find where to install or download it from Can i please get the original software download link if possible

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,144 17,667 1,281 1,928
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cant controll RGB lights HP OMEN 870-224

Hey there! @Crum106,

To install the RGB controller on the PC you need to install HP steel series software on the PC.

Download and install the HP SteelSeries Engine Software using this link. Click Here

Once the software is installed from the search type and select Steelseries from the list and open the application.

Change the required settings from the application and click on apply and close to save changes.

Also, try updating the BIOS to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

If you still have issues after updating the drivers, try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation