02-15-2017 09:09 AM
I'll need some help on how to debug the fact that running SSM as an application in MDT 2013 Upd2 crasches.
This is my setup:
- Installed on my workstation SDM 18.104.22.168
- Installed on my workstation SSM 22.214.171.124
- started SDM and downloaded SSM "certified" SoftPaqs for HP EliteBook 840 G1
- updated cva-files
- copied all content from the softpaq dowload directory to MDT2013 server \\mdtsrv1\hpssm$\hpeb840g1
- copied ssm.exe and ssm.bin to MDT2013 server \\mdtsrv1\hpssm$\hpeb840g1
- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1", run SSM in admin mode: D\hpssm$\hpeb840g1\ssm.exe
File store = D:\HPSSM\HPEB840G1W10X64
Share name = HPEB840G1W10X64
No reboot ...
No Display ...
No Force ....
No Create ...
No BIOS pwd
Check for cva-file update
- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1", created an standard application:
Quiet install command = ssm.exe \\mdtsrv1\HPSSM$\HPEB840G1W10X64 /accept /nodialog /noreboot /log:\\mdtsrv1\Logs$\HPSSM
Working directory = \\mdtsrv1\HPSSM$\HPEB840G1W10X64
- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1", added the above application (as a single application) into my TS for depl Win10
in phase "State Restore" and before "Windows Update (Pre-appl)"
(a restart computer is also added after this entry)
When I deploy a "HP EliteBook 840 G1" the ssm process run for a couple of minutes and then the window
"HP System Software Manager has stopped working" appears (but in swedish)
When I close the window, a new window appears with "BDDRun has stopped working"
After closing this windows the deployment continue according to the TS.
I can se that most of the softpaqs has been installed but some has not.
In MDT's BDD.log I have this message:
"Application HP EliteBook 840 G1 - SSM returned an unexpected return code: -1073741818"
None errors in found in \\mdtsrv1\Logs$\HPSSM\"computername".htm