Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I'll spare you the pain of my two-day, five-hour experience of being shuttled around the globe via the HP phone-system-from-hell and just present a simple question: Is there anybody in HP who can find any information about the Recovery Disks order I paid for on-line?
Message Edited by DaniW on 01-21-2009 12:11 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry for contributing to an off topic post...but_zenny ends 2 days of agony with a nod of appreciation to his rescuer and  a bit of humor.:smileyhappy:

KUDOS!

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Thanks for visiting the HP Consumer Support Forums.

This forum is for suggestions directly related to the forums.  If you'd like to leave feedback regarding issues not directly related to the forums, please follow this link:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive directly help or feedback from HP.  If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
I expected and appreciate your reminder. I posted my question here in desperation. I have exhausted not only all the options I could find (on-line chat, variety of phone numbers, etc.) but my time and energy as well. In the meantime, because of the luck of the draw, I managed to get the right person, on the right continent (North America) to solve the problem. Let us all give Bernice of Canada a big applause, please!:smileyvery-happy: She's done HP and Canada proud! Although the HP VP responsible for the decision to stop sending OS disks with the desktop computers should be run out of town. It took me some seven (7) hours ($$$) over two days to find out I had to reorder the silly disks worth (?) $15. Then again, I've helped to keep legions of people on HP payroll. Can I take a charitable deduction in April?:smileyindifferent:
Message Edited by DaniW on 01-21-2009 12:00 PM
HP Recommended

Zenny

Thanks for letting us know you were finally able to get some help in locating the recovery disks. I'll have your feedback sent to our desktop support team

regards,

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Sorry for contributing to an off topic post...but_zenny ends 2 days of agony with a nod of appreciation to his rescuer and  a bit of humor.:smileyhappy:

KUDOS!

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

message has gone off topic and not within forum guidelines

Message Edited by DaniW on 01-21-2009 12:54 PM

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.