Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had bought a HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop one and a half years back. Few days ago suddenly the screen had gone black and nothing was coming. I had given it to a authorised service center in Pune (named Vintech Electronics). They diagnosed it to be a Mother Board fault (NVDIA chipset to be precise)  and said that I need to change the mother board paying Rs 15000 INR as it was out of warranty (I had bought it for Rs 65000 INR just 1. yrs back!!). For two month, after every 10-12 days Vintech people used to call me up and say that they are not getting the part in the market. I called up HP customer support and they say that I have to give it to some other service center named Simtech Conputronics and then only they can look in to the matter. I told them that two months have passed and please don't make me feel that I had made a mistake of buying a HP and that I should have bought a DELL. They said nothing. Then after two months when I had taken back the unrepaired lapy from Vintech and moved to Simtech which is around 40 kms from my home, their front office guy told me that I have to come to the service for atleast 6 times!!. Well they are as follows:

1) I have to go to open a case id jsut by filling the name,address,model no, srial no etc

2) After the case id is created, within 3 days they will send me a quotation for labour charges for diagnosis of the laptop. Then I have to go to bank,make a demand draft (no cash,credit card or cheque allowed!!) and come to their shop for submission of the DD

3)The DD will go to Gurgaon and after it is accepted I have to come to their shop for submitting my laptop

4) After diagnosis they will send me a quotation for the parts that needs to be replaced. I have to make a DD and go o their shop for giving it to them

5) After the DD is accepted and the new part is bought by them (within a months time subject to availability) I have to go again to take the receipt and warranty card of the new part

6) This is the last and 6th time that I have to go to their shop for taking back my "Repaired Laptop"!!

Phew!! I heard their story the procedures. I explained them the problem and the diagnosis, that was done by Vintech. Before I could say anything they told me -"Sir, its better you buy a new laptop. If it is a problem with the mother board it may cost you Rs 20000 to Rs 22000. You get a new in Rs 26000 nowadays"

I told "But I have just paid 65000 bucks 1.5 yrs before"

They said flatly-"Then you should have bought a DELL or a VAIO"

I didn't say anything.

Only thing I that I could feel was that I had made the greastest mistake of my life....mistake of buying a HP laptop!

It's still with me. "Unrepaired"

Simtech is happy. HP is happy. Because they know that they have made a robust system which will allow its customer to think of their laptops as a three rupees use and throw pen!

Think before you buy a HP again. The out of warranty support is best of its kind.

Message Edited by debpath on 03-18-2009 01:02 AM
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I made the big mistake also.  I purchased my computer 2/2008.  I experienced some problems prior to this week 6/8/10 that was leading up to the "black screen"...."death" that occured this week.     HP refuse to back their defective product that they continue to put on the market.  I called tech support and they refuse to repair due to my warranty just expired 02/2010.  I called the corporate office and spoke with supervisors and still they refuse to do anything other than offer me 100.00 off repairs which will cost 330.00 after the deduction.  I might as well buy another computer...But DEFINITELY NOT HP.  I will never buy another HP and will not recommend it to anyone.  You need a lifetime warranty with the faulty product they continue to put on the market although they have had the same problem with the mother boards since 2007.  My symptoms are the same that everyone has experienced.  black screen, blue lights, wireless not detected.   HP will not take any responsibility for continuous problems with their notebooks.   It is such a shame a company that has been around for years and will not fix the problem and stop selling default products or "step up" and take responsibility and keep committed consumers.   I will definitely buy a Dell from this point on.

HEWLETT PACKARD SUCKS!  Spread the word!

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.