Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrizzleyBear
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

ASK AN EXPERT WAS OVER A DAY EARLY??

HP Recommended

I went to your site to find some help, not aggravation.  I know my computer is a bit past warranty, but wanted to ask about the occasional buzzing in my speakers when I close a game or a web page.  Also, I wanted to ask about HP Support Assistant that is loaded on my computer.  I just downloaded the update for it, that it requested.  Now every time I try to use it, it tells me "An error occurred" at the top and I can get nowhere with it.  I'm running Win7 Home Premium on a HP Pavillion p6774y computer.  About the speakers buzzing/humming, I even tried a new set of speakers.  So I don't feel it is the speakers, but something in the computer???  I even tried emailing customer support, but "can't" as I'm out of warranty.  I'll try again some day when I have a couple of hours to waste.  Thank You,  Tom Reininger

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
ohernova
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tom, Did you go to the www.hp.com and click on Support?  I found drivers after identifying my laptop by the model number, and downloaded the current and all the previous to rebuild the drivers - one of the Audio drivers for my particular model had a fix for the buzzing sound - specifically mentioned.  If the laptop isn't updating drivers, or HP isn't running automatic updates for older computers, then you have to search for these, but there is hope.  The other problem may be a bad connection, which could be hard to track down, unless you or someone you know has an electronic workbench and knows how to troubleshoot.  When I was in Seoul, Korea, there was an Electronics Market, a three-cornered 5 story building with all these little shops.  One of them was run by a guy who did the nitpicking troubleshooting and soldered parts on the board for my Toshiba for a few hundred Won, much cheaper than in the US, but if you can find a Korean who moved to the US and may be running some other business, they may still keep their hand in the electronics field.  Trust an Asian to troubleshoot stuff most Americans throw out and replace.  Hardware is worth the data on the media, which is why a lot of customers are moving their data to cloud-based storage. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation