Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Believe it or not, I want to mark a post I started "Accept as Solution," but the button doesn't show.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello nirbok, in any thread that has been marked as an "Accepted Solution", there will be a link in the first post of the thread that says "Go to the Solution".  If you click that link, you will be taken to the Solution.

The actual post that was marked will have a blue vertical line at the left side.

It appears the solution that was marked in the thread above was post #6.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi nirbok!  I moved your post to the Forum Feedback area, a better place to dicuss how the forums works!

As far as marking a post "Accept as Solution" I am guessing that you are speaking about the following thread?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/photo-screen-saver-not-working/m-p/2689677#...

I've linked to the specific post in the thread which is already marked as the accepted solution (and it seems like this was the post that helped out).  Is this the post that was your solution?  If so then you're all set on it!  (If you wish a different post marked, you can always ask a moderator to help you out in getting the proper post(s) marked).

I hope this helps!

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but there's still no Accept as Solution button.  If I already marked a different post as a solution, how can I tell which one it was?

HP Recommended

Hello nirbok, in any thread that has been marked as an "Accepted Solution", there will be a link in the first post of the thread that says "Go to the Solution".  If you click that link, you will be taken to the Solution.

The actual post that was marked will have a blue vertical line at the left side.

It appears the solution that was marked in the thread above was post #6.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

also, for future reference, before any posts gets marked as the solution you'll see the "Mark as Solution" button right next to the reply button at the bottom of each post in the thread  (this applies only when you're the thread originator).   You should be able to see that in this thread here since you are the one that started it. 

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

I have yet to find where to "accept the solution" on the topic I received help in, even though posts say to mark theirs as the solution.  Seems to me this system needs improvement if it's this hard to do!

HP Recommended

@altolibrarian

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue. Unfortunately users are not allow to mark posts as the accepted solution unless they are the user that started the thread, also known as the "OP" (original poster). After reviewing your previous post, you were not the OP, so you are unable to accept a post as a solution.

Thank you.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

> I have yet to find where to "accept the solution"

You can still show your appreciation by assigning kudos.  🙂

HP Recommended

OK, thanks.  This should be clearer though!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.