Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone else noticing the "Accepted Solutions" (green backgrounds) in various different threads and sections seem to be posted twice?

In newer threads, they appear one after another, and in older ones they are separated by other replies...?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

This was discussed in the link below.  It is not a glitch.

Double posts - HP Support Community - 8118598

HP Recommended

Thanks, @Paul_Tikkanen .

Unfortunately, I don't have access privilege to that link.   😞

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, WyreNut.

You don't have access to the Inner Circle section, with over 16K posts and a Level 15?  Interesting...

Huffer brought up the same issue in the IC, and here is the copy and paste of the reply from HP's Mario_L, the English community manager...

"Thanks for bringing this feedback to us. This is the result of the new functionality developed for the solution reply to be put on top of every post. 

What the feature actually does is to duplicate the solution reply and brings it to the top, so if the solution was the very first reply of the post it will look "duplicated", but as an example if the solution was reply #5, it will stay there and another duplicate will be put on top. 

We are going to confirm with the development team just to make sure this is the regular behaviour for the new functionality. I will come back with an updated clarification if necessary.

I am an HP employee"
HP Recommended

"What the feature actually does is to duplicate the solution reply and brings it to the top, so if the solution was the very first reply of the post it will look "duplicated", but as an example if the solution was reply #5, it will stay there and another duplicate will be put on top. 

We are going to confirm with the development team just to make sure this is the regular behaviour for the new functionality. I will come back with an updated clarification if necessary."

Sorry, but this new solution just looks like a bug in the Forum software, and seems (to me) to be without merit!

WyreNut

HP Recommended

I don't like it either.

I preferred the simple link in the solved discussion, where it used to indicate 'Jump to Solution,' after the first post.

You could click on that, and jump to the solution, no matter how many pages there were.

I don't believe that anyone was asked to provide any input on the proposed change, and if there was, then I guess I missed it, 'cuz I would have voted nyet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.