Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Mr. Mark Hurd,

I would like to commend your company on standing behind your product when it was evident that it fell in the "fried Nvidia GPU" category but was not officially listed as a recall item. I purchased this laptop in 2007 and it was beyond the year warranty but your company still replaced the motherboard (and keyboard 🙂 ) at a cost to you.

I admit. I had to be a bit tenacious by first contacting online help chat and calling HP by phone a couple times. In the end however your company came through and replaced the motherboard. I imagine it still has the troublesome Nvidia GPU on it but, whatever, you all fixed it one time and that is good enough for me.

The current economy is not the greatest. I admire a company such as HP who is willing to go through these lengths to retain their loyal customers admist it all.

I have been a customer since the early 90's when I purchased a Hewlett Packard Pentium II 450Mhz (HP 8395).

Thanks to your service, I still am. You have retained me and I look forward to future great HP products.

Very Respectfully,

Anthony Pansoy

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

My V3228AU compaq presario laptop has the "no display" problem identified as a NVDIA issue and was eligible under

"HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement". I replaced the mother board 3 times. Every time it works for 10 days and again same problem comes back and i am at the service centre.

The service centre people is again replacing the main board with a defective motherboard as sent to them by HP India.

Why hp india is cheating us by providing defective motherboards under the warranty scheme.

If u cant fix it replace it.

I think HP India is not following your priciple of customer first.After the "HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement" period expires my laptop will be a brick(as its now).and the replacement drama will end.

I have moved to a Dell Laptop with which i am typing now,because of this whole issue.

You are about to loose a great chunk of customers bcos of the bad service of HP INDIA.

Now my laptop is resting in peace in a HP service centre in kerala,india wating for the fourth motherboard replacement.

Now i am in the last few days of " 90 days after receiving your free repair "  as the HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement program for 24 months after the start of the standard HP Limited Warranty has  expired.

After this 4th replacement my laptop will permanently die because it is not worth paying Rs 21000/- (as charged by HP) for a defective refurberished motherboard(which has a high chance of defective NVDIA chip as i got it 3 times before) after the warranty expires.A dell 14" vostro costs only Rs 24000/- in india.

HP Recommended

Boss, You are very lucky,

For the same  problem I am running post to pillar, even approached to Mr. Mark Hurd and in an initial reply email from him it was informed me that HP respective department will be in touch with me for a possible solution. But nothing takes place. Now my laptop is lying with HP service center, Vashi, Mumbai from last 15 days.

The problem at HP is that initailly all responding well, but at a decission making situation nobody is acting properly.

So how can a customer give compliment to HP India.

Still I am waiting for a support from Mr. Mark Hurd!

HP Recommended

If you are offered a motherboard replacement then dont agree to take any motherboard that they offer because,the usual motherboard with which they replace still contains defective chip,moreover it is a refurberished one.

Ask for a SMO board(i still dont know what it is,but service centre guy claimed its different board supposed to have a non  defective NVIDIA chip).

If you are under warranty escalate the issue and ask for replacement laptop.

HP Recommended

Dear Friends,

I bought the system Compaq 6211AU  (Presario V6000) in March 2007, in its 1st year it worked well and there was 1 year extended warranty on this particular product due to Display & W-Lan issue (Manufacturing problem of HP). In its extedned warranty period 3 times the same problem taken place - No Display & W-lan issue -  In all three cases I got the system board replacement free of cost, but new system board was worked properly for only  4 days to 2months!  Now 4th time same problem took place, but this time the extended warrenty is over. If I go for a paid repair the system board is cost around INR 20,000/- and no gaurantee on the life of board!

Now please provide me some solution, I have sent an email to Mr. Mark Hurd stating the problems, as I did'nt get any reply from the HP customer care. I have received an email too from Mark Hurd stating that "it is handed over to the respective department" but I didn't received any communication from the "respective department"

HP Recommended

Contact the HP support through e-mail (HP support page on HP india) stating your previous case ids on which the board was replaced,

If there is  no response try emailing any responsible high level corporate officer of HP India.

If you still feel that you are not receiving justice,its better to move legal way.

HP Recommended
Now HP INDIA is cheating in another innovative way....I submitted my laptop in Lucknow service center for motherboard replacement. They gave it back to me saying u need to reinstall the windows.....though it was a simple directory service repair issue. Now after starting my laptop i saw that the replaced motherboard  has Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 instead of 7150. The HP people were not even bothered to tell me that my motherboard has been replaced by an inferior quality board. Now i have looked and found the 6150 uses integrated memory (shares RAM) and has considerably lesses number of pixel shaders too!!. Now what can I do ??? Any sugestions on how to tackle this problem of mine???
HP Recommended
Give your laptop back to your service centre and ask them to replace with your same model board.
Also check the following details while having a replacement.
For every mother board replaced you should have a case id( a long no given by HP India) apart from alocal call ticket no(a small 4or 5 digit no).
This is important because,in future if you have to claim the 90-days warranty on last repair you need your last case-id on which the board was replaced.
Sometimes they cheat by not providing a case id(usually it will be written null sometimes)
that means your motherboard has not been replaced and they say it is "refixed"(never settle for this as there is no 90 day warranty claim on this unless there is a replacement).
What they mean by refixing is that ,the issue with our defective Nvdia boards are that when the laptop gets heated this Nvdia chip will lose its soldered contact thats why our screen goes blank,so while the board is being refixed (ie:just dissembling and assembling it back) it may again get a contact and work for a few more days (in most cases 2-15 days) after that if the laptop gets hot on its normal usage,we are back to the same "no display problem".

HP Recommended

I bought the same laptop V3228AU in 2007. Now  its kicked the bucket with both the legs in the grave with the GPU fried. I tried contacting them via the phone but the operator or support person on the other side told me that she can only help with software issues and not hardware. What am i supposed to do? I even tried contacting them via email and they think it is a software problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. My Incident ID: <2377339>>.

HP Recommended

I have a story about just the opposite kind of service with HP. The story goes like this..... I purchased my laptop brand new just came in off the truck to the store. The Hp rep was in the store and convinced me hp was a better pick over my initial decision of a toshiba which i have had for years and have had EXCELLENT results. Brought the laptop home... set it up.. alls well... did all updates and created recovery discs. 3 weeks later computer crashes in windows vista during normal just internet browsing . tried to restart after the blue screen and would not go past the hp startup screen. Used discs and recovered system, but lost all my data. This has happened to me over ten times in 6 months. Finally in august, it did it again, and would not recover. called hp and after about 2 hours on the phone with india, they decided it needed brought in UNDER WARRANTY. Recieved unit back in 2 weeks, with a little service tag stating they replaced hard drive, memory and re imaged the hard drive. turned unit on and noticed it was running funny. After doing 6 hours of updates and program re installs, i noticed the touch buttons were lit up red all the time(instead of blue) Did some research and come to find out my laptop was missing drivers for the factory installed programs, Hp online told me to recover them from the recovery partition. Tried that once but i did it again.... Crashed my system.. Again. I emailed customer support and was responded to fast, and was called back within a few hours. i could not get to the phone so i called back like the lady asked. she did not answer but another guy attempted to help me. he in turn told me my computer was a refurb unit not a new unit and i needed to provide proof of purchase before he could go any farther. now this is 2 weeks after recieving unit back from warranty repair. i faxed him a copy of the receipt and he told me that it would take 3 days for the warranty crew to get it set right and he would call me back in a week and see if he could help me then.i gave him all previous issue numbers reference numbers and rma number was provided. he called me back and asked for my address. and when i asked him why didnt he get it from the previous reference number or case n umber he told me he never even opened them. my expierience with hp is terrible and i have emailed everyone in their contact list with no response. my unit crashes cuz of a faulty operating system they offered... no only choice so offered is not right.... and now they give a free upgrade to windows 7 with a new laptop, mine is even on the commercial the dv-7. Hp should do something to help me  but they dont. they make the computers not microsoft... why does microsoft dictate what goes on hp computers and what upgrades are free and not. i have never seen a microsoft brand computer. without computer makers the software is useless. but there is several different o/s out there. why not support it. ubuntu is a good o/s but laptop programs drivers do not function fully with it because hp does not support them. so why not give a free upgrade to all who are having issues with this faulty system sold on your computers. what is a consumer to do? dont think ill ever buy anything hp again, not one proiduct, me or my family, or anyone i can come across to tell this story too. be happy they took care of you... some of us are not so lucky

chris

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.