cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
PoppaStrongArms
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Anyone dealt with damage/this issue on a new laptop like this before?

HP Recommended
17z-ca300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20210204_162849.jpg

Heres a link to the photo of my laptop damage. HPs site is giving my inserted photo an error. https://imgur.com/a/y7VIlm6 

I bought a customized HP 17" Laptop for work last month and it took almost a month to get customized and built by hp and then get shipped to me from HP. I got it 2 days ago and the laptop screen is toast. Found an email address after searching almost an hour for support number, email, or chat  for support which wants me to either return it or get it replaced which is another month of waiting for that whole process again. 

Ended up today just buying a new prebuilt 17" HP Gaming Laptop instead as I cannot wait any longer for a laptop especially to get another damaged one another month down the road. 

Just wondering anyone's thoughts on this? There was no foam in the middle of the box and for something almost $1k you would think a $2 piece of foam would/could be easily added. Also, I am wondering if HP would be able to take something off my new laptop for what happened as I am very close to making a complaint on the bbb about it. 

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,753 26,687 1,257 1,300
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PoppaStrongArms

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation