Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just over a week ago I bought and installed a new Deskjet 2724 printer. Apart from having initial problems installing the HP Smart app in Windows 10, necessitating a System Restore which took all night until I tried again the following evening, I've got the printer working. However - and I've tried using this community forum under the appropriate section to ask questions, with zero response - the printer defaults to a setting where it thinks it is printing on glossy paper every time, so it is slow, and consumes more ink. YES - I can manually select PLAIN PAPER - EVERY SINGLE TIME I PRINT!!! Otherwise the printer selects the HP GLOSSY BROCHURE PAPER printer setting. Before purchase I even read reviews on the Argos website where someone gave a favourable review of the printer but said it was slower than expected and used a lot of ink. I should think theirs was doing what mine does and they'd not figured out how to manually select PLAIN PAPER - EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! YES - I've been into settings, tried to make permanent changes and save them (NO!!!) tried moving the Printing Shortcuts around so the FACTORY DEFAULTS one (which always displays HP GLOSSY BROCHURE PAPER as the default paper choice) isn't at the top of the stack (NO!!!) so basically this printer is ALWAYS READY to print on HP GLOSSY BROCHURE PAPER so it is SLOW and USES A LOT OF INK!!! Unlike ANY OTHER PRINTER I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS!!! I have 'repaired' the app - I have 'reset' the app - and I have uninstalled the app and installed it again. NOTHING MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE!!! And so on to the lack of support - I've tried looking for email contact with HP Support - non-existent. I've tried using this community as guided by the Help and Support button within the HP Smart app - no response, and looking at the number of unanswered questions from other people, maybe about 10 percent of people with problems get a useful response from the community, if you are lucky. I've tried the Virtual Assistant, a 'bot' that cannot figure out the question I am asking and is less use than a chocolate teapot. So having one evening Googled the phone line hours for HP Customer Support and discovered that, according to the result, the phone lines were open on a Saturday, a day when I am NOT working my butt off in a care home and coming home exhausted and too tired to bother with stupid printers before the lines shut at  6pm, I've this Saturday morning put on my laptop and printer and tried finding the HP Support phone number once more, and found after all that THEY ARE NOT GIVING SUPPORT AT WEEKENDS so once again I am totally stuffed in trying to find and answer to my printer problem. In other words, I've bought an HP printer, with a problem, and effectively HAVE NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MickD4

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Amen. They are a week late shipping out my month old order. There response: We can make it worse than that, they just decided to reach out to fedex and delay delivering it until January 5th. Not kidding. avoid HP.

HP Recommended

Private message sent 

HP Recommended

Betty0610 did you get my private message with the details you asked for? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.