Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had created a thread : "What is the your view on Samsung OEM SSDs (NVMe/M.2/2280)? (They are *NOT* supported by Samsung)" on 22nd March 2020.

After posting, it was visible in the recent posts. Also, it seems, it is counted in my overall posts.

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-25 at 01.23.12.jpeg

However, it is no longer visible.

Does HP delete posts if it is not flattering to their flagship products?

I have not received any mail or notification as to why it should have been deleted or hidden.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Posts will be edited or deleted by one of the forum moderators if they do not conform to the rules of participation.

Since I don't know what you posted, you can read the applicable rules of participation at the link below, and see if you violated any of them.

6.  Think before you post: You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit the following text or images:

a.  "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against HP, another company or any person.

b.  Political statements, images or commentary.

c.  Discriminatory statements, images or commentary based on a person’s race/color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical/mental disability, veteran status, genetic information or citizenship.

d.  Off-topic comments not related to a technical or usage issue regarding an HP product.

e.  Language or images that promote illegal activity or use of an illegal substance or discusses such activities or substances with the intent to commit or use them.

f.  Duplicate posts.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

HP Recommended

No - I had not put any legal threats, rants, etc.

I had merely pointed out the following:

1. HP provides PM981/ OEM drives in its flagship products.

2. OEM drives are not supported by the manufacturer (Samsung in this case).

3. Samsung Magician is not supported for OEM drives - this could have helped diagnose if the SSD was indeed an issue.

4. HP does not provide the appropriate drivers from its end either.

5. Equivalent of the Magician Software is also not provided by HP, even though the Spectre products appears to be its flagship line.

6. HP's own diagnostic tools are unable to find anything wrong with the drive even after the most extensive tests.

7. The PC still locks up with SSD 100% active with ZERO through put.

8. While retail drives are covered for 5 years by Samsung, HP warranty is only 1 year.

9. The issue was happening since the unit was under warranty, but relying on the incorrect diagnosis of the HP diagnostic suite, I was kept running around other solutions like update, sfc /scannow, chkdsk, and even windows reinstall.

10. Post expiry of 1 year, a flagship customer has no support mechanism.

11. 1 year warranty may be acceptable for other parts of the laptop as it helps identify if the particular unit has any manufacturing or quality issues - but is it acceptable for storage/ SSD? Specially when the manufacturer provides a much longer support for cheaper drives?

Do you think any of the above is anything other than statement of fact?

HP Recommended

No, I don't see anything that would have warranted a post being deleted.

I don't work for or represent HP, so I suggest that you direct any comments you have regarding the 11 points you made to the HP executive team at the link below.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

This forum is powerless to act upon the concerns you have addressed.

HP Recommended

Thanks @Paul_Tikkanen!

Will do. 

HP Recommended

@Ozzie-P:

It seems I am not allowed to send more than one PM to you - for your reference, sharing the same here:

RahulRj_0-1585227584790.png
I have done extensive search and have not found any thread that deals with the same. I have also reconfirmed that it does not violate any norm or threaten any individual, entity or HP.

This was the post, pasting below - Can you point out where I should have seen a duplicate of this concern, or any other thread which has asked for the community's view on this topic?

=============================== Start Paste ==================================
Subject: What is the your view on Samsung OEM SSDs (NVMe/M.2/2280)? (They are *NOT* supported by Samsung)

Date: ‎03-22-2020 02:53 AM

I was asking this question as OEM SSDs are not supported by the manufacturer and getting support may become difficult. However, when I browse the forums, such drives (I searched for PM981) are regularly discussed and even recommended for upgrade.

My own Spectre x360 13t came with this PM981 model: Samsung 512GB - MZVLB512HAJQ-000H1.

This is not supported in the software (called Magician) that Samsung makes available for retail drives (say PM960/970 Evo/whatever). Samsung did not even entertain queries regarding warranty and support for this drive, and redirected me to HP.

Right now I am trying to get in touch with HP Support (a helpful HP employee/ forum member is trying to put me in touch) as I cannot contact directly - the laptop is in its second year, and warranty was only 1 year.

Happy to know what the community feels about it:

A few specific questions to get the ball rolling:
1. Have you knowingly bought a laptop where you were aware that the Disk drive will have limited support? Almost all retail SSDs carry a 5 year warranty as per Samsung's site. I am not clear on the coverage of SSD specifically by HP, but the documentation that I have seems to suggest that it is as per the warranty policy, which is 1 year for the notebook.
2. If you knew a particular drive had limited support or warranty duration, would you consider/ recommend that for an upgrade?

================================= End Paste ============================================

HP Recommended

@Ozzie-P :

Would request you to review the post again and if you find it to be not violating the community norms, please undelete the post/ thread.

In case I am still violating some norms, please let me know, so that I don't repeat it in the future.

Thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

@RahulRj

Hello, 

There are no violations in your post accept to only post only once per issue. 

We recommend to only post once so it is to not confuse other users or Experts to respond. 

Thank you. 

I work on behalf of HP. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.