Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Laptop - 14-dw0010na
Microsoft Windows 11

HP seem to be adamant on not communicating and fixing a notebook that I sent to them for repair almost a month ago!

I have owned my notebook for 2 years and have recently noticed that the bottom left of the screen digitiser on my notebook was slightly loose. Just to stress - NOT THE SCREEN, JUST THE DIGITISER. The notebook was in perfect condition. Since I had a 3 year warranty and I didn't want the issue to escalate or any damage to come to the screen, I contacted HP and sent them videos of the small isue. They said that I can send it to them and they will fix it and return the device in 10 days. 

After 12 days of receiving a confirmation that they have recieved the device, and without having any communication from HP, I called in and they said that they will escalate the issue with the repair team. I was promised that I would recieve the device within a couple of days.

Suffice to say, I recieved no communication or the device 15 days on from having sent it.

I called in again, to check the status, they informed me that my device has been damaged. Apparently the whole LCD screen, digitiser and even the hinges and the body of the notebook was damaged and needed replacing!!!! 

I was told that I would need to pay for fixing all these issues - even though I sent them videos proving that the device was in perfect condition when I sent it to them. 

After contacting showing the HP Support team staff the videos, they seemed very sympathetic and informed me that they will escalate the issue and that I should expect an email and phone call from the repair team confirming that the issue is to be sorted out. However, I recieved no calls or emails. This was 2 weeks ago. 

Every day for 2 weeks, I have been calling HP and they keep telling me that I should recieve a call or email by the end of the day.  I have waited and recieved nothing. Today was the last straw. 

I used to be a HP loyal customer and I own 4 HP devices that I have had no issues with. This is the first time that I have ever had to send a product for warranty. I am shocked by the way I am being treated! 

I have been cheated and I will not stand for it. This is fraud. 

I send a device in to be fixed and then I am informed that I will have to fork out hundreds of pounds to sort out an issue that I did not have prior to sending HP the device. 

To everyone who is about to or has already bought a HP device, please be aware that this is how you would be treated if you send your device to be fixed under warranty. You will experience:

- A lack of communication

- Meaningless promises of support

- Long waiting times

- Money being stolen from you due to damage caused by HP themselves.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @JohnDaw123

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd like to help!  

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This is shocking - I have now been waiting for almost 2 months to get my device back! 

I have yet to recieve a satisfactory response from HP. I simply will NOT fork out more than £320 to fix damage caused by HP themselves!

I have lost my trust in HP after having purchased many devices from them previously. 

I will never purchase another device from them again. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.