Did you mean: 
harlemnocturn
Level 2
41 33 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Bad User ID

HP Recommended

I did not remember my user ID for this forum.  It is frustrating to have to keep the same user ID that the forum has on record since the user ID is derived from an email address that I closed.  Is there a way to change the user ID?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
dannymsckl
Level 3
55 55 1 4
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usually, IDs cannot be change but you can always retrieve your password if you have access to the email being used here. 

0 Kudos
harlemnocturn
Author
Level 2
41 33 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I intended to close that email account.  Accessing it again defeats the purpose of closing it.

0 Kudos
redrubies
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm at the same place.  I set up a user id that resembles my email address which has since been closed.  If I cannot change my user id, then how do I delete it?  It can't possibly stay in the records forever!!!!!

0 Kudos
harlemnocturn
Author
Level 2
41 33 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Given the number of threads that I have started in their forums, I don't think HP cares, or at least that is true of their moderators.  Perhaps they only deal effectively with business customers or people who keep paying year-by-year for subscriptions.

0 Kudos
redrubies
6 4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  Can you change anything in this system or delete the account?

0 Kudos
harlemnocturn
Author
Level 2
41 33 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP put one over on us and they are probably laughing.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation