Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: HP Pavillion laptop - IKS5DOUE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a disturbing blinking battery charging light on my laptop. Everything else works alright including charging. 

My battery charging light blinks 3 times in intervals when it is plugged into power and 5times when switched off or not in power. It is a white light in a 3 second interval. 

How do I get it to stop the blinking at least for when it is powered off

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JBN2

Are you powering off the Notebook when not using it or putting it to Sleep Mode?

Ensure you power off the Notebook completely and check if the issue persists

Also update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and check if that helps

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JBN2

Are you powering off the Notebook when not using it or putting it to Sleep Mode?

Ensure you power off the Notebook completely and check if the issue persists

Also update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and check if that helps

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks you so much. The BIOS update solved it. 

HP Recommended

@JBN2

I'm glad you got this issue resolved

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.